Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday...



Rock Samphire is my new favourite plant...

There’s something about the way it grows that is so beautiful and which sort of seems to echo seaweed.
There are so many fleshy plants here in Cornwall, but not all of them are edible like this one...

When I come to Cornwall, I’m fortunate enough to have a tiny garden to tend to even on holiday...
Although I don’t live here, my partner works down here a lot of the time, so luckily there is someone who can keep an eye on things...
But I do try and plant things which aren’t going to need too much delicate care, as they can get so battered in the wind and rain even behind the garden wall as they’re so close to the sea...
We lost a rosemary in the storms earlier this year, but its absence has created a new spot to work in extra colour and texture...
I planted some nasturtiums last time I was down which have started to appear, so hopefully by the Autumn they’ll be flowering...
( These two seem to yearn for each other from different sides of the wall... )

and I have an old plank where I like to put my collected bits and pieces...

...I love laying out daily finds as I like to really look closely at their colours and textures...


...I was able to catch the early morning sun today and have a potter in my pyjamas with a cup of tea... but am now off to the beach for a swim!


2 comments:

  1. that seems like the loveliest place to spend a holiday! that succulent at the top is amazing the color looks magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the weather is good in Cornwall it’s one of the best places in this country...and the succulents in Cornwall thrive ( I’m becoming slightly addicted! )

      Delete